Thoughts on The History of Magnetic Recording

After reading The History of Magnetic Recording I began to think about modern day technology and how spoiled we are. As a young adult I have grown up with wireless internet, videos and movies at my fingertips anytime I want, music in my hands constantly, and I don't have to wait for any of it. The first sound recorder had a steel wire and now we can record sound, and videos, anywhere at anytime. The progress of technology amazes me. Without the advances of technology I would not be able to express my creativity in the ways that I do in Art 210!
This reading was posted in 2004 and in the last section mentions that video cassettes will be with us for awhile. I wonder if this idea was revisited today if the writer would consider the time that we used video cassettes as a long time or if the evolution came faster than expected.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Portfo

Color Me